Socialist Democrat Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez finally released an overview of her highly anticipated “Green New Deal”.
As expected the plan include sweeping proposals to completely change the economy and culture of the United States.
Americans for Tax Reform released a summary of the details in the proposal.
- “Upgrade or replace every building in US for state-of-the-art energy efficiency.”
- The Green New Deal is “a 10-year plan to mobilize every aspect of American society at a scale not seen since World War 2 to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions.”
- “Build out highspeed rail at a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary”.
- “Ensure that all GND jobs are union jobs that pay prevailing wages and hire local.”
- Offer “economic security” even to those “unwilling to work.”
The plan does not outline the funding mechanism to pay for the sweeping proposal but chief author Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and prominent Minnesota Democrat Rep. Ilhan Omar have suggested raising the income tax to 90% and confiscated the wealth of individuals via a “wealth tax”
Democrat US. Senator Amy Klobuchar and influential Minnesota Democrat Rep. Betty McCollum both have signed on as authors to this proposal. Freshman Democrats Angie Craig and Dean Phillips have not yet distanced themselves from this proposal
Do you like Alpha News? Help us reach more readers in 2019 by donating today