On Tuesday, June 21, 2016, the Donald Trump Presidential Campaign announced the members of the candidate’s new “Evangelical Advisory Board.” Former Minnesota Congresswoman and 2012 Presidential candidate, Michele Bachmann, was announced as a board member along with other Christian leaders including Kenneth and Gloria Copeland (Founders of Kenneth Copeland Ministries), James Dobsen (Author, Psychologist and Host, My Family Talk), Jerry Falwell, Jr. (President, Liberty University), Ralph Reed (Founder, Faith and Family Coalition), and James Robison (Founder, Life OUTREACH International) as well as Tony Suarez (Executive Vice President, National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference) and several others.
Shortly after the announcement, Bachmann posted the following statement on Facebook:
The Trump campaign asked the leaders on the board not to endorse the candidate. In the press release, the campaign stated: “Rather, the formation of the board represents Donald J. Trump’s endorsement of those diverse issues important to Evangelicals and other Christians, and his desire to have access to the wise counsel of such leaders as needed. Mr. Trump has received widespread support from Evangelical leaders, communities and voters, winning the majority of the Evangelical vote throughout the primaries.”
The leaders of the board are “solely responsible for managing Mr. Trump’s private meeting with hundreds of Christian leaders scheduled today (June 21, 2016) in New York City,” and will convene on a regular basis.
Trump’s Tuesday’s meeting with over 1,000 Christian leaders began with speeches by Dr. Ben Carson and Franklin Graham and was moderated by former Governor Mike Huckabee.
Today at the gathering of evangelicals Trump was forthright, said he would support pro-life judges. Respectful, and warmly received.
— Michele Bachmann (@MicheleBachmann) June 21, 2016
About the Advisory Board, Trump said, “I have such tremendous respect and admiration for this group and I look forward to continuing to talk about the issues important to Evangelicals, and all Americans, and the common sense solutions I will implement when I am President.”
Executive board members include:
- Michele Bachmann – Former Congresswoman
- A.R. Bernard – Senior Pastor and CEO, Christian Cultural Center
- Mark Burns – Pastor, Harvest Praise and Worship Center
- Tim Clinton – President, American Association of Christian Counselors
- Kenneth and Gloria Copeland – Founders, Kenneth Copeland Ministries
- James Dobson – Author, Psychologist and Host, My Family Talk
- Jerry Falwell, Jr. – President, Liberty University
- Ronnie Floyd – Senior Pastor, Cross Church
- Jentezen Franklin – Senior Pastor, Free Chapel
- Jack Graham – Senior Pastor, Prestonwood Baptist Church
- Harry Jackson – Senior Pastor, Hope Christian Church
- Robert Jeffress – Senior Pastor, First Baptist Church of Dallas
- David Jeremiah – Senior Pastor, Shadow Mountain Community Church
- Richard Land – President, Southern Evangelical Seminary
- James MacDonald – Founder and Senior Pastor, Harvest Bible Chapel
- Johnnie Moore – Author, President of The KAIROS Company
- Robert Morris – Senior Pastor, Gateway Church
- Tom Mullins – Senior Pastor, Christ Fellowship
- Ralph Reed – Founder, Faith and Freedom Coalition
- James Robison – Founder, Life OUTREACH International
- Tony Suarez – Executive Vice President, National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
- Jay Strack – President, Student Leadership University
- Paula White – Senior Pastor, New Destiny Christian Center
- Tom Winters – Attorney, Winters and King, Inc.
- Sealy Yates – Attorney, Yates and Yates
Updated 6/22/2016 1:29pm