After a couple ingested a chemical meant for cleaning out fish tanks, they went to the hospital and the man died. They ingested the cleaner because it contained a chemical similar to the one Trump ordered the FDA to test for use against the Covid-19 virus.
HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE & AZITHROMYCIN, taken together, have a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine. The FDA has moved mountains – Thank You! Hopefully they will BOTH (H works better with A, International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents)…..
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 21, 2020
Hydroxychloroquine is the name of the chemical treatment that can be prescribed by doctors to treat Covid-19. But recently, a couple who owned koi fish ingested a chemical with a similar name, chloroquine phosphate, and according to Banner Hospital, “Within thirty minutes of ingestion, the couple experienced immediate effects requiring admittance.” News sites such as The Grio, Buzzfeed and local MPR all have articles with headlines that put the blame on President Trump, one of the headlines read “Man dies after taking drug promoted by Trump to treat COVID-19”.
The drug is currently being tested by the FDA for use against the coronavirus, and has to be prescribed by a doctor. While the drug is considered safe when prescribed by the doctor in proper doses, fishtank cleaners contain many other chemicals that are not safe to ingest.